Monday, January 2, 2012

Craftier in 2012

I read several blogs daily/weekly, and seem to be addicted to pinterest, so in 2012, I will do something with all this craft-stalking. That's right...I'm setting some craft goals for the year. There will be 1 fun DIY/Homemade project each month as well as 1 quilting goal each month. And here's what I'll be attempting:

January: 
Quilt: Trace and cut out all pieces for Kaleb's robot quilt - so excited about the finished project!

February: 
DIY: Lip Balm
Quilt: Cut fabric for Swoon Quilt (by Thimble Blossoms) - hope to find fun fabric at Stitch Lab at Austin's Modern Quilt Guild monthly meetings...starting to attend in January - so excited!

March: 
Quilt: Robots ready for construction (all cut out backing pieces attached to fabric)

April:
DIY: Bath Salts
Quilt: Finish Swoon blocks

That's enough planning for now...Let's see if I stick with it. I'm really excited about it all. In fact, I kind of want to do it all now :) And don't you worry, dear friends, you could be the lucky recipient of homemade something - lip balm, bath salts - if it turns out a success! So here's to crafting in 2012; I'll keep you posted as to how things turn out...

Join me, be creative! What have you pinned on your boards that you'd like to try? What sounds fun or cost-saving that could be attempted on a Saturday afternoon during nap time? Let's have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment